Golf cart history

Golf carts have been used to play the sport of golf for
almost 90 years. In the early 1930s, the popularity of
golf was on the rise and it was becoming increasingly
difficult for players to carry their bags and clubs from
the clubhouse to the golf course. That's when a
Scottish engineer named William Harley Davidson
began building a prototype golf cart to address the
problem.
The first golf carts were motorized three-wheel
vehicles and featured two front-mounted seats and a
basket-style trunk at the back. The carts were
powered by a small engine and ran on large spoked
bicycle tires. By 1940, golf carts were growing in
popularity and a company called Club Car began
manufacturing them in the United States.
In the 1950s, golf carts began to evolve, becoming
larger and more powerful. They had a driver's seat,
two passenger seats, more storage capacity and
better suspension systems. The 1960s saw the
introduction of the first four-wheel golf carts, which
gave them better stability at high speeds.
In the late 1960s and early 1970s, golf cart
manufacturers began to add amenities such as radio,
cup holders and even mini fridges. There was an
increase in the variety of styles, colors, and finishes as
well.
Today, golf carts come in all shapes and sizes, from
small two-person carts, to powerful six-person
models with onboard amenities such as GPS,
speakers, and flat-screen TVs. Golf cart technology is
advancing rapidly, with golf carts now featuring
electric motors and lithium-ion batteries that can
travel long distances on a single charge.
Golf carts have become a staple of golf courses
around the world, and they are an essential part of
the game, allowing players to quickly and comfortably
travel the course.